Centennial Exhibition was the first expo organized in Wrocław Exhibition Grounds. It presented history and cultural heritage of Silesia Region. Its opening ceremony was held on 20 May 1913 and it coincided with making the Hall’s facility and Exhibition Grounds available to Wroclawians. Exhibition was divided into two parts – it presented the era of Napoleonic wars and every-day life led during that period.
Historical part of the exhibition presented such exhibits as armaments or military uniforms, and it was housed in the Four-Dome Pavilion designed by Hans Poelzig. Permanent and temporary facilities were erected on the Exhibition Grounds for the purpose of that exposition. Model gardens (such as Japanese, Gothic and monastery ones) were developed on the grounds surrounding Pergola. Visitors could also visit the Pavilion of the Cemetery Art Exhibition, Pavilion of the Silesia Artists Association, Pavilion of Horticultural Construction, restaurant or botanical garden.
St. John Nepomucen’s Church
A small timber-made church dedicated to St. John Nepomucen is the only facility that has remained after the Cemetery Art Exhibition. The purpose of that exhibition was to present traditional Silesian tombstone craftsmanship and other cemetery arts. The church was erected in the 16th century in Upper Silesia and designated for demolition roughly at the time of Wrocław Expo organization. Moving the church and reconstructing it in Szczytnicki Park was to demonstrate that run down-historical buildings could and should be covered by conservation measures in order to save them for future generations.